EdTechXAsia International Programme @ GET 2018 Summit
EdTechXAsia will power the International Programme at GET 2018 on 14th November 2018 and bring together 50+ global speakers who will share their unique perspectives on the future of learning and work. From panel discussions to Tech @ Lightning Speed keynotes, the International Programme will present a series of engaging formats that will connect with Chinese and global attendees alike.
Join us at the Beijing International Convention Centre - Hall 2B - on Wednesday 14th for the following agenda:
9:30am - 9:45am // Welcome to the EdTechXAsia International Programme
欢迎主题演讲 EdTechXAsia 国际计划
Welcome remarks from the Co-Founders of EdTechXAsia and an overview of EdTechX Holdings (NASDAQ: EDTX), the world’s first education and education technology Special Purpose Acquisition Company building a platform of next generation education and training businesses.
- IBIS Capital - Charles McIntyre, CEO // United Kingdom
- EdTechX Holdings - Benjamin Vedrenne-Cloquet, CEO // United Kingdom
9:45 - 10:00am // Opening Keynote 专题探讨 - Tyton Partners - Cory Reid, Managing Director, USA
Co-Hosts of the EdTechXAsia International Programme, Tyton Partners, will share insight into their dynamic financial and strategic advisory firm serving clients across the education, information and media markets within the global knowledge sector.
10:00am - 10:30am // CEO Panel - Leading executives envisaging future of education & work
Learn how key executives from the wider ecosystem see the development of the future of learning and work across the rapidly growing education industry in Asia and beyond.
- Topica Group - Tuan Pham, Founder & CEO // Vietnam
- JobKred - Gary Gan, CEO // Singapore
- Qooco - David Topolewski, CEO // China
- Moderator 版主 - IBIS Capital, Charles McIntyre, CEO // United Kingdom
10:30am - 10:45am // Keynote 专题探讨 - LinkedIn - Billy Huang, Head of Consumer Marketing & Communication // China
10:45am - 11:00am // Keynote 专题探讨 - Revolution Prep - Ramit Varma, CEO // USA
Revolution Prep is the largest and fastest growing online tutoring company in the US. Hear from Revolution’s CEO share how their 200+ full time professional, 1 to 1 and small group tutors and small group tutors deliver the highest quality instruction in a range of subjects.
11:00am - 11:30am // Harnessing 21st century technologies to improve learning outcomes for students of all ages
4 experts discuss the impact transformative technologies - including AI, blockchain, automation, virtual reality and personalised learning environments - could have on enabling self-directed learning, encouraging digital literacy and equipping students of all ages with the ‘future skills’ needed to succeed.
- ACKTEC Technologies - Rayvan Ho, Director // Singapore
- KIDCOIN & Kidstart School - Elizaveta Kashirina, Founder // Russia
- Danish Ministry of Education - Mingu Cui, EdTech Innovation Officer // China
- Moderator 版主- Discovery Education International - Kelli Campbell, President // USA
11:30am - 12:00pm // Tech @ Lightning Speed - Change makers to watch around the world
International innovators will present perspectives on transformative technologies within short keynotes followed by an audience Q&A
- Cambridge University - Dr. Parastoo Ghalamchi, Researcher // Iran
- China Metrics - Justin Cahill, Co-Founder // USA
12:00pm - 1:00pm - Lunch 午餐
1:00pm - 1:30pm - Panel - Investor Perspectives - Accelerating Innovation Across the Globe
Top regional and international investors will share their views on the trends, opportunities and investment strategies happening in Asia and within the wider global EdTech industry. How will the investment landscape in Asia change the next 12 months? How can entrepreneurs best embrace the opportunities across the globe?
- Creta Ventures - Vince Chan, Founder // Hong Kong
- Fresco Capital - Furuzonfar Zehni, Senior Associate // China
- Tyton Partners - Cory Reid, Managing Director // USA
- Moderator 版主- EdTechX Holdings- Benjamin Vedrenne-Cloquet, CEO // United Kingdom
1:30pm - 2:30pm // Global Startup Super League of Startups Asia Edition
The Asian edition of the Global Super League of Startups competition will showcase 4 companies each pitching for 5 minutes in front of a set of global judges who will provide feedback and ultimately select a winner who will receive the chance to pitch at EdTechXEurope in London on 18 June 2019 in front of 900+ global leaders.
Startups - 初创公司
- China - 7 Senses Labs - Gavenraj Sodhi, Founder
- Indonesia - MBA Mentor - Joice Gumala, Founder & CEO
- China - Qooco - David Topolewski, CEO
- Hong Kong - StudyCat - Mark Pemberton, Executive Chairman
- China - Tutoroo - Cleo Lee, Chinese Tutor
Judges - 陪审团
- JMDedu - Sophie Chen, Partner // China
- IE Business School - Lucia Figar // Spain
- Topica Group - Bobby Liu, Senior Director // Vietnam
- EdTechX Holdings - Benjamin Vedrenne-Cloquet // UK
2:30pm - 3:00 pm // Tech @ Lightning Speed - Change makers transforming the future of learning
Leading global entrepreneurs will present their companies and the solutions that will transform the education for learners of tomorrow.
- RoboTerra - Yao Zhang, Founder & CEO // United States
- Paragon One - Matt Wilkerson, Founder & CEO // United States
3:00pm - 3:30pm // Panel - 21st century after school learning
By 2020, Chinese families are expected to spend 6x more on education, particularly after school learning including English language lessons, tutoring and other education activities. Hear about a selection of innovations transforming after school learning worldwide; helping advance the education pursuits of today’s learners and tomorrow’s leaders.
- Quipper - Masayuki Watanabe, Founder // Japan
- Splash Math - Arpit Jain, CEO // India
- StudyCat - Mark Pemberton, Executive Chairman // Hong Kong
- Moderator 版主 - IBIS Capital - Vincent Fung, Partner // USA
3:30pm - 3:50pm // HolonIQ - Global Executive Insights on Chinese EdTech
Framed by HolonIQ’s data-driven overview of China’s EdTech innovation, this panel of education executives from around the world will share their insights about what’s happening ‘on the ground’ in China’s education innovation space. Based on their week-long Executive Program experience, panellists will share their observations and analysis on the areas of opportunity, and provide comparisons to other markets.
- YOLA - Tu Ngo, Co-Founder // Vietnam
- EDT Partners - Pablo Langa - Managing Partner // Spain
- Quantum Thinking - Anne Keehn, Founder & CEO // USA
- Moderator 版主 - HolonIQ - Patrick Brothers, Managing Director // Australia
3:50pm - 4:20pm // Panel - Ecosystem – unite! Collaboration across the field as the key to unlocking progress
专题探讨： 生态系统- 团结起来！同心协力是迈向发展的关键
With the changing education, technology and work landscape universities and schools are changing and adapting to serve the students of tomorrow better. What partnerships, technologies and ideas can be realised today and what do the leading organisations need to do to remain relevant?
- Coventry University - George Haughie, Lecturer in Business English & Technology Enabled Learning // United Kingdom
- Ashford School - Dr. Neelam Parmar, Director of e-Learning // United Kingdom
- China New Higher Education Group - Kenneth Ke, Managing Director // Hong Kong
- Moderator 版主 - Taylor’s Education - Karl Engkvist, President // Singapore
4:20pm - 4:30pm // Keynote - Russia EdTech Ecosystem Overview
- Social Innovation Support Center - Mikhail Veronin, Director // Russia
4:30pm - 5:00pm // Panel - Personalised learning – One size does not fit all
The same way of learning does not fit all students. This is now widely understood by educators, tech providers and increasingly - students themselves. How can this challenge be transformed into an an opportunity? Hear the ways different education institutions are tackling it and how innovators are stepping in to help transform the industry.
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine- Chia-Wei Wu, Director of Learning Sciences & Technologies // United States
- Preface Education - Tommie Lo, Founder & CEO // Hong Kong
- Minerva Schools at KGI - Megan Cho, Student // USA
- Moderator 版主 - Topica - Dr. Jenny Chau, Co-Founder // Vietnam
5:00pm - 5:15pm // Announcement of Global Super League of Startups Winner
明日之星-国际初创企业，亚洲区 - 获奖者公告
Join us to hear the announcement of the winning entrepreneur who pitched earlier in the day during our Global Startup Super League competition!
Can't join us in Beijing for the EdTechXAsia 2018 International programme? Register your interest to attend our other global summit series here >