What do you like about your role?
It is wonderful to work with teachers and students who are eager to co-develop with us. It is good to get positive feedback from customers. I also love to network and tell about our vision, so meeting new people all over the world who are passionate about education and EdTech are great.
Share three predictions on the future of Edtech.
- Social aspects of learning are more and more important, working in groups, sharing, providing timely peer feedback, evaluating others
- Analytics and meaning of data and fact based evaluation will be important and supports life long learning
- Personalised learning life cycle, data and students own material. They will follow the students throughout the whole learning patch from pre school to second level education or even further.Students can go back and see what they have done earlier years any time.
What technologies do you believe have the potential to transform the education industry?
I believe that device management will become more important when students start to use their own mobile devices especially mobile phones for learning. Device management is originally developed for enterprises but lighter versions focused on education will become crucial. Also school owned devices can be easily managed. Device management enables many use cases which are now really about controlling but about making the education more streamlined when using technology and helping teachers with digitalisation.
Looking at the key trends over the past 5 years in edtech, what would you say have been the key areas of change that are impacting edtech today? Anything unexpected that surprised you? Trends that were overhyped and never met their expected potential?
- Digitalisation, devices have become integral part of learning
- Globalisation and social learning
There are so many different players in the education field: teachers, students, parents, government, companies, start-ups etc. that it is crucial to continuously share the knowledge and share experiences and learn from each other.
Join Johanna and our 150+ thought leader speakers at EdTechXAsia 2017 on 31st October-1st November 2017 - reserve your place now >>